Thursday, January 28, 2010

Looking Back: Where the Mountain Meets the Moon

I was ecstatic last week when I got news that my good friend Grace Lin had won a Newbery Honor Award for her wonderful fantasy novel Where the Mountain Meets the Moon.


I thought I'd put together a little retrospective post with videos of Grace talking about Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, the book trailer, pictures that I took at the launch party for the book, and the celebratory dinner we Blue Rose Girls had after the party.





Grace lin on the Today Show with Al Roker
***************





Grace Lin on The Steve Katsos Show
***************





The Inside Notes for Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
***************





The Book Trailer
********************

Pictures Taken at the Launch Party for
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon









After the Launch Party,
Grace Treated The Blue Rose Girls
to a Fabulous Dinner





Congratulations, Grace!!!





7 comments:

Grace Lin said...

Awww, thanks, Elaine!! You're the best!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Grace,

It was fun looking back. That was a wonderful launch party for WHERE THE MOUNTAIN MEETS THE MOON--and a grand celebratory dinner after it. I was so happy to be there with you and the other Blue Rose Girls.

Now we have an excuse to celebrate all over again!

Michelle Romano said...

Elaine,

You rock! I saw the link on Grace's Facebook fan page. What a great idea. I hope you are well. I miss you.

Michelle :)

Elaine Magliaro said...

Michelle,

It's nice to hear from you. The launch party for WHERE THE MOUNTAIN MEETS THE MOON was great. Lots of people attended it--SRO.

The reading council misses you too. People often inquire about you at our dinner meetings.

MissA said...

Thanks for these videos, I enjoyed learning about the process behind Grace Lin writing Where the Mountiain Meets the Moon. I've read stellar reviews of the book and I can't wait to read it (trip to Borders this weekend!)
The launch party looks fun. Congratulations Ms. Lin on the Newberry Honor!

Anna Alter said...

Sweet post Elaine!

Term Paper said...

It’s great to see good information being shared. i really like the video and songs.he is awesome, Thanks for the info.