Friday, July 18, 2008

Popsicle: An Original Poem


I’ve been on a semi-vacation from blogging for a few weeks now. I’ve been spending more time reading--and cleaning out my basement--than writing poetry or posts for Wild Rose Reader. I thought I’d post an original “summer” poem this week, a poem I just wrote this spring.


POPSICLE
By Elaine Magliaro

Popsicle
Popsicle
Drip
Drip
Dropsicle
Dribbling
Red rivers
Of cherry juice
Down my chin.

My mouth’s
A crimson cave
Of coolness
Melting
Bites
Of flavored ice
Within.
********************
At Blue Rose Girls, I have a poem by Ted Kooser entitled So This Is Nebraska.

Kelly Fineman has the Poetry Friday Roundup.
********************

3 comments:

Sara said...

mmmmm...Popsicles...my dad loved it when I had kids because then he could legitimately buy Popsicles again and eat them with his grandkids!

Thank you so much for all those wonderful suggestions you left at my blog today. I'll be investigating them all.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Mmm
"A crimson cave
Of coolness"

Deliciousness!

Linda said...

Elaine,
I love the alliteration and the "melting bites of flavored ice." Great job.

I'm with you on not having much poetry writing time. I thought things would slow down this summer, but with my mother ill,work, housecleaning projects...
I feel like I've lost touch...haven't blogged in weeks.
I suppose we'll get back to it.
Thanks for your wonderful popscicle poem. Linda