Friday, June 20, 2008

Crickets: An Original Acrostic


Last Friday, I posted three original poems about the sounds of summer. Here’s another original poem about crickets that I wrote about the sounds of summer.


Chirping in the dark, their song

Resonates

In the still air. A

Chorus of summer night strummers in concert with

Katydids

Entertaining warm evenings with

Their

Symphony of wings.



My husband and I will be heading for New Mexico next Tuesday for a wedding. We decided to spend several days out there so we could do some sightseeing. We’re even hoping to go hot air ballooning one morning. We’ll be staying at a resort in the Santa Ana Pueblo--where the wedding and reception will be held. New Mexico has been at the top of my list of places to visit since I retired four years ago. I can’t wait to do some exploring out there!

Since I’ll be on vacation next week, I doubt I’ll be posting on Poetry Friday.
********************

At Blue Rose Girls, I have a poem by Wendell Berry entitled The Country of Marriage. I’m posting it for the special young couple whose wedding my husband and I will be attending.

The Poetry Friday Roundup is at Semicolon this week.

6 comments:

jama said...

Love your symphony of wings! Have a wonderful time in New Mexico :).

Elaine Magliaro said...

Thanks, Jama. I've never traveled to that part of the US before. I'm really looking forward to seeing the sights and sampling the food of the Southwest.

Anonymous said...

I love your acrostic, too. Enjoy your travels!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

We have just started noticing the song of crickets and frogs here. Lovely to lay back and just listen! Enjoy your trip to New Mexico!

Anonymous said...

Symphony of wings--beautiful! Have fun in NM, Elaine!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Writer 2b, Cloudscome, and Laura--

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see some inspiring sights in New Mexico. We may go hot air ballooning.