Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Poem a Day #29

Today I have a fairy tale poem for MotherReader. I did try to write her a special poem about a book that told of the travails of a china rabbit—but I just couldn’t get past the first few lines. I think we all know how much MR loved that book! Who could forget her special Tulane Readers Theatre blog?


My failed first attempt at a poem for MotherReader:

That book about a bunny
Wasn’t funny.

That tale of Ed Tulane
Gave me a pain!!!



So...sad to say: There's no rabbit poem for MotherReader--just a poem about a wolf and a clever little piggy.

THOUGHTS OF THE WOLF AS HE DESCENDS THE THIRD LITTLE PIG’S CHIMNEY
by Elaine Magliaro

This Pig’s outwitted me before.
No, I won’t knock upon his door,
Won’t threaten him, won’t huff and puff.
I’m finished with that macho stuff.
WELL…down the chimney here I go.
I’ll get that little pig. Ho, ho!
Can’t wait to taste his tender meat,
His juicy snout, his porky feet.
I’ll serve him up with grated cheese,
Potatoes, parsley, parsnips, peas.
Yeh! That’s my kind of swiney grub.
Uh-oh!
Splish-splash!
Bubble!
GLUB!
I guess I’m in hot water now.
Goodbye, cruel world.
I’m piggy chow!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, I am smiling. What a fun poem.

MotherReader said...

Most excellent poem. Thanks for the tribute and the Tulaneish attempt.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Jone,

Glad the poem brought a smile to your face.


MR,

Sorry about that bunny poem--but nothing could surpass your Tulane Readers Theatre!